Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scary!!


Okay, I need help! Brooklynn has entered ScaryZone. Seriously. She's become a little manipulator! I kept trying to convince myself that she's was just adorably vulnerable. Not so... It finally became blatantly clear. Let me explain...

The first time, I blogged about previously. It was the time she was whining and I told her she needed to stop because she was being annoying. She responded with, "..but I still good person, Mommy." I thought, what a little angel. (Ha!)

Then, in Sea Ranch, Brooklynn was having a particularly difficult struggle... Granted, she was getting over being sick, it was late, and she hadn't had a proper nap in a few days. Still, I'd had enough of the whining. So, I was bringing her upstairs for "chill out" time in her room; I got to the landing of the stairs and, in the cutest most pathetic voice I've heard said, "I just havin' a hard time, Mommy." Ahhh. Sweet baby. (HA!)

But it finally became clear to me last night. We're having some down time as a family. Mickey's nursing as Ryan and I sit on the couch watching some TV and Brooklynn is playing around us. She kept walking along the cushions of the couch, behind us. I asked her repeatedly to stop until I finally got annoyed and became very stern. She had basically no reaction, but stopped. Then, about two minutes later, she started the exact same thing again. This time though, as she walked behind me, on the cushion I was using for support, just as I was about to open my mouth and tell her about herself - she lightly patted me on the head and said, "You such a pretty girl, Mommy." You had to have heard her tone - like she had absolutely no fear of my reaction to her blatant disreguard for my instructions, because she just knew she had my number. You don't have MY number, little girl!

Scary.


Look at the picture.... You see it in her eyes, don't you....

2 comments:

  1. Haha, she is hilarious! Taking after Daddy with all that smooth talking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!!! Those stories are right in line with her comment last night. "See Saw! Stop talkin' like that! I'm on the phone!"

    ReplyDelete