Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Santa Clauses Comin' to Town...





For those of you Grammar Nazis following along, yes, I did mean to spell "Clauses" that way. There were several - one per float, I think. Of course, for the town of Gualala, that only meant about ten. Bill had a great idea. In the midst of the "parade" (ten semi trucks, decorated with lights, separated by about 100 yards of either nothing or of cars that just happened to be driving Highway 1 at that time), we went over to get the dreaded Santa photo. I say dreaded because Brooklynn is at just that age. The picture I've included is actually a picture of the poloroid they took. If you look close, Mickey is passed out asleep on my arm, and Brooklynn's eyes are wide with fear. Poor thing. She got over it, though, just as we all do. It was kind of a milestone or right of passage. :) (What she REALLY should have been scared of was the gruff, transexual-looking "angel" passing out the candy canes in a white leotard and tutu. I guess candy goes a long way in the eyes of a child.)

2 comments:

  1. You have Grammar Nazis following your blog? Wow - that must be annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Phew. I'm glad you had a valid excuse for the "Clauses". It did concern me for a minute...

    ReplyDelete