When you have grandkids, a few months apparently feels like years and any longer would kill you. ;)
Anyway, she always has an objective for the trip. This time it was meeting her new grandgodchild (?), Collin, and watching her boys, Eric and Ry, play baseball!
She came into town on a Sunday and we went with the other Gerdes clan (who we do very little without), the Arensberg trio (ditto), Lise's brother - Christopher, and Aunt Noodle and Bob to Peter Piper Pizza to celebrate my 30th birthday. (The kids are entertained, they (obviously) serve pizza, and have beer on tap. I'd choose this over just about anywhere.) It was so much fun but, alas, I'm pictureless. In chaos like that it's better to pay attention to the children and not just the documentation. I know that's odd to hear from me, but those places are like petting zoos on steroids.
The next day Mimi ditched us for some fun in the sun with her other grandkids. We are not bitter. ;)
And then we got her back for a nice relaxing visit with Ryan's Grammy and the trip out to the ballfield:
Mimi and B singing The Eensy Weensy Spider at lunch.
"....and WASHED the spider out!"

Is this great or what?

The woman's magic I tell you. I couldn't get this guy to fall asleep to save my life. (The game didn't start 'til 8.)
"Want me to try?" she asks.
*count four seconds*:

Somewhere in there we had a yummy dinner with the Arensbergs and Mimi documented the time that M and C spent together. They're gonna be such good buds!



I LOVE this. C's just playing and playing, and then this picture's like an aside to the audience. ("Get me outta here! These people are crazy! They have no idea what they're doing!)

And, what Mimi visit would be complete without an attempt at fish lips?
It's her thing.







Thank you thank you for these beautiful pictures and words. It was a great trip. Our M boy has some fabulous fish lip potential!!!! Can't wait to make more memories in a couple months.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the pic of M with Gram. Priceless.
ReplyDeleteAnd of course I LOVE the pics of Collin & Mick. Future best buds! (Even though my not-yet 3 month old is the same size as your almost 1 year old. Ugh.)