
So, this blog is supposed to be updates on the family, and I only write about my kids…
Next time…
This time I'm rambling about the things I've learned from my two year old.
Her world is so simple and safe. She hasn't been negatively affected by the world.
She thinks she's as fast as the football players on tv because "they run; bookynn run too; both same!"
She knows that she's as beautiful as Reese Witherspoon because, in Legally Blonde, "she pretty like Bookynn, have ponytail too!"
While being overdramatic about quite a bit, she's also able to quickly let any negativity go. The other day she hurt her foot (I saw no mark) and was going on and on about it. All I had to do was pretend to get a whiff of stinkiness while inspecting her foot and she was DYING laughing. I felt like a professional comedian. (While we're on the subject, Mickey is not contributing to this feeling. I mentioned that he started laughing… He did it for two days in a row. It was the best. But no matter how much I try he hasn't laughed since. He smiles, huge smiles, all the time, but that's more happy – not entertained. I guess I'm just not funny to a three month old.)
This morning was the best, though. I still don't know where she got this…
She wanted me to fix her sunglasses (put the lenses back in the frames), and she was whining and whining about it. When they were finally back in, she began whining about that. (I know, makes no sense.) So I said, "Brooklynn I don't like it when you whine. You whined when it was broken and now you're whining when it's fixed. People don't like to spend time around whiners, because it's not a fun thing to hear." I swear she responded,
"Mama, I still good person."
I just wanted to grab her and hug her. I said, "I know! You're always a good person! You're a great person! I just don't enjoy it when you whine."
She said, "Oh… okay. Bookynn not whine a-n-y-more." (Wouldn't it be nice if that was just the end of the whining?)
I know the world will get to her, will eventually make her question herself, but I hope it's a long time coming… She's so wonderful just exactly as she is. I have the best kids in the world. No, they're no better than your kids ( ), they're just the best kids that we could have possibly hoped for in our own family. They fit beautifully.






Man, I love that girl! We need to hang out soon - I can't believe I'm missing all these priceless "two-isms"!!!
ReplyDeleteSo I've been thinking all day about how much I love B's unskewed vision of life. How great would it be if we all believed that we were equal just for having the same abilities or features, regardless of the EXTENT of said abilities?
ReplyDeleteMy hair is in a ponytail right now. Does that mean I'm as beautiful as Reese Witherspoon, too? :o)