Around our house we make a far bigger deal of Mothers' and Fathers' Days than we do of birthdays. After all - we EARN those days. We were just given a birthday. Ryan did so great this year it'll be hard to compete when Fathers' Day roles around in June. He told me to take off on Saturday at about noon. He said to go relax at my mom and dad's, that he had the kids. He led me to believe they were going to clean the van together. I wasn't to call. At about three he called and said to be ready, he was almost there.
Almost here? At my parents'? Why? I have a car.
Just be ready to come out to the van.
I did, and we headed out in the wrong direction. It wasn't until we were about to pull in to the sixteenth street Pointe Hilton that he told me what was going on. That evening Justin, Michelle and Corey and Eric, Marissa, Payson and Kennadi were all coming to meet us at the hotel. While Marissa, Michelle and I went across the street for a night of girl talk and karaoke, the guys watched all five kids at the adjoining suites that we had with M&J. It was all so much fun! We stayed out late and got to sleep in the next morning. (When Mickey woke up around six thirty, Ryan popped out of bed, took him from me and went walking around the hotel until Brooklynn and I woke up.) Then we ate a delicious brunch, pool-side. I took a nap and met everyone down by the pool where we played until check-out. It was so relaxing and the kids had so much fun. I think the guys loved it almost as much as we did. How lucky are we to have such great husbands that are also amazing dads?
Here's the bedroom portion of our suite. It also had an adjoining front room with another tv and couch - convenient for putting kids to bed while others are still up.
(Look at how excited Brooklynn was for this adventure.)

Can't you just hear this picture? He was so excited to see his reflection in the balcony glass.

This is dinner and happy hour with the Kapitans at one of the Pointe restaurants.
Gooooood lookin'!

Despite appearances, Brooklynn had a FABULOUS time at the pool. When I said, SMILE! for this picture, she turned and made this face. She then went back to splashing and laughing with her dad.
(Three year olds. :)
a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8BCiZh7rO1I9m0ZqIhc3ytyCDBTMS3JM9S36_7HYyW5rziQxy1X_XI33wl6TZw3D31Kyaj5r7yJlSbam4hb4cBwU32UkWQ73DtNm267h0f5yR46kDaGtfCsJ4xy_UR-pWCIhBdqEftUq1/s1600-h/mick_brook.jpg">
This is what being a mom's all about...






No comments:
Post a Comment