Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane...

Ryan's informed me that although my blog is satisfactory, I need to come up with more original names for the entry titles. His example was that, for the one in which I described realizing something scary - that we were going to be far outnumbered by our children, I should have called it, "....like rabbits". I shall try, henceforth, to make him proud.

Last Saturday we finally made it over to Deer Valley Airport with the kids to see Uncle Matt's helicopter. Lise's husband, Matt, is a pilot for Native Air. His job is to fly in and rescue people that are hurt and in trouble. Basically, he's Superman.
When Payson and Brooklynn were pretty little Marissa and I took them out to play in his helicopter. And, because it happened that we went to high school with a fireman that worked there too, the kids got to explore the back of an ambulance and the front of the fire truck too. So cool.

Ever since then we've been talking about getting the kids back there. So, Saturday I finally made it, this time with Carrie and her boys. Lise and Matt's newborn, Collin, also made the trek to his daddy's work. They all loved it. I think it'll be a fun thing to do at least once a year as the kids get older.

Running out to see the chopper:

Pilot Edward:

Medic Jonah:

Goofy Brooklynn:

Brooklynn makes this picture. She had such a wonderful time!

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY going to be an annual tradition. Looks like Brook had more fun the second time around - feeling a bit more brave, perhaps? I can't wait for Collin to be old enough to think Dad's work is a pretty cool place.

    ReplyDelete