Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mickey James is going on six months!






Six months! On the 4th it'll be official. SO crazy. I feel like I was just ho-humming along with a newborn and then, all of a sudden - six months!
It's so very different this time. Maybe it's because he may be my last, or maybe it's because he's so laid back and happy - so easy to please, but almost every day I think about how much I'm going to miss this time in my life. I mean, I have my days - those days that I want things to be different, easier. But mixed in with that I often think, every day at least, that I will miss this time. I feel like all those movies about childhood that we watch - Stand by Me, Now and Then... anything that reflects about youth in those ways... it's not that we understood it at the time, that we felt the innocense of youth when we were young... for me anyway, I feel it now. I feel it in reverse - remembering my childhood as my the childhood of my own children is created. AND I'm rambling again. I guess I'm just stupid happy. Last week I had my day. The day that reflects just how this time in my life is: I'm listening to songs I've downloaded, You're Gonna Miss This and It Won't be Like This for Long (I swear, as cliche as it is, I actually was listening to these songs). I was holding Mickey in my arms, dancing cheek to cheek around the kitchen, and was interrupted by Brooklynnn coming down the stairs in her "weddin' dress" (a flower girl-type white dress my mom bought, before she was born, I think). She came down the stairs and put on her dress-up high heels (ie. her "marry shoes") and asked me if I would marry her, and would I dance with her too. It was the best dance of my life, save the first dance at my wedding.

I'm going to miss this. I can't drink it in enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment