When you're used to go go go, it can be so difficult to slow down and still see that you're accomplishing something. Just now I was reading a book to Brooklynn (for literally the twenty-third time in the past three days)while in the glider, holding a sleeping Mickey. On some level, I realize this is extremely important. But can you see how in the moment it might not feel like the most productive thing one can spend a morning doing?
Still, there are small things and activities that I just can't stop thanking God that I'm able to be a part of. Yesterday it was showing Brooklynn how fun running through the sprinklers ("pinkles", as she calls them)can be. I see so much of myself in that little girl - not just physical appearance, but action and reaction.
She was anxious and excited to run through, but also a bit nervous. When she actually made her first run it was slightly traumatic. I'll include a picture of that first run. But, after watching me run through about ten times, and then running through with me another five, she LOVED it! She had so much fun, and I loved watching it! It brought me back to those days as a kid. That's the best- being brought back to the innocence that no one ever really appreciates for all it's worth at the time...






No comments:
Post a Comment